The club does not give veterinary advice. Please seek professional advice from your veterinarian.
Health Reporting Form
Please return your report to the club’s Health Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via post to Fauve Health, 76 Main Road, Drax, Selby, Yorkshire, Y08 8NT
ALABAMA ROT An increasing number of reports are being received concerning dogs being infected by this disease & becoming desperately ill with some cases being fatal in areas previously not known to be at risk. Vets4Pets provide a map of the areas where dogs have been infected it is thought due to walking in muddy and wooded areas. Most cases over recent years being reported between November to May suggesting a possible Winter/Spring seasonal impact.
CANINE GENETICS The Kennel Club Academy is offering a free resource to breeders encompassing the following areas.
- What DNA is & its importance in the body
- What a gene is & what they code for
- How mutations arise & how this could result in change or disease
- How genetic mutations contribute towards coat colours & how this can lead to a combination of varieties when two dogs with different genes are bred together
- Know the difference between a single simple mutation test, linkage test, panel test & DNA profile
- Know the importance of DNA testing & why a good breeder will health test their dogs prior to mating